1.3 - Danfilter is the data controller for your personal data. All communication with Danfilter can take place via the contact details provided under point 7.
2. What personal data do we collect, for what purpose, and the legal basis for the data processing
2.1 - When you visit the Website, we automatically collect information about you and your use of the Website, e.g., regarding which type of browser you use, which search terms you use on the Website, your IP-address, including your network location, and information about your computer.
- 2.1.1 - The purpose is to optimise the user experience and the Website’s functionality, as well as to carry out targeted marketing, including retargeting via Facebook and Google, amongst others. This processing of data is necessary for us to be able to ensure that we show you relevant ads and offers.
- 2.1.2 - The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) pt. f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
2.2 - When you purchase a product or communicate with us via the Website, we collect the information you submit, e.g., name, address, email address, telephone no., payment method, information regarding which products you purchase, your right of return, guarantees, delivery requests and information about the IP-address from which the order is placed.
- 2.2.1 - The purpose is for us to be able to deliver the products you have ordered and fulfill our agreement with you, which includes being able to administer your rights to return goods and submit complaints. We can also process information about your purchases in order to comply with legal requirements, including the Danish Bookkeeping Act and accounting. When a purchase is made, the IP-address is collected with the objective of, and in order to safeguard our interest in, preventing fraud.
- 2.2.2 - The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) b, c and f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
2.3 - When you sign up to our newsletter, we collect data about your name, email address and, where applicable, mobile phone number. This information is combined with your purchase history to provide the basis for our newsletter communications.
- 2.3.1 - The purpose is to safeguard our shared interest in being able to deliver relevant newsletters to you with offers on the products you are interested in.
- 2.3.2 - The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) pt. f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
2.4 - When you sign up to our email newsletter or customer club, you will be asked to provide your name, address, email address and telephone no. In addition to your name, address and email address, you yourself choose which information you wish to give to us. During your membership, we also collect data about your use of the customer club’s benefits, competitions you participate in, etc. We compare this information with other information we have about you, including information about what you have purchased and may have returned.
- 2.4.1 - The purpose is to be able to manage your membership and provide the services and benefits associated with membership of the customer club, as well as to safeguard our interest in being able to send newsletters and carry out targeted marketing.
- 2.4.2 - The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) pt. b and f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. When signing up, you will be asked to provide separate consent to electronic marketing.
3. Recipients of personal data
3.1 - Information about your name, address, email and telephone number as well as order number and specific delivery requests are forwarded to GLS or another carrier responsible for the delivery of the purchased goods to you. Upon purchase of non-stocked goods, the aforementioned information can be forwarded to the manufacturer of the goods in the question, who, in this case, will carry out the delivery on our behalf.
3.2 - Information may be entrusted to external partners, who process the information on our behalf. We use external partners for, amongst other things, technical operation and improvements to the Website, distribution of newsletters as well as targeted marketing, including retargeting, and for your evaluation of our company and products. Amongst other things, we can choose to pass on information about your name and email address to TrustPilot so that they can send an invitation to evaluate us on TrustPilot’s website on our behalf. If you choose to write a review, TrustPilot will be the data controller for the information submitted. These companies are data processors and under our instructions and process data for which we are responsible. The data processors are not permitted to use the information for any purpose other than for the fulfilment of their agreement with us, and are subject to confidentiality. We have entered into written data process agreements with all of the data processors that process personal data on our behalf.
3.3 - Two of these data processors, Google Analytics v/Google LLC, Instagram (Facebook Inc.) and Facebook Inc. are established in the United States. The necessary guarantees for the transfer of data to the United States are ensured through the data processor’s certification under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, cf. EU General Data Protection Regulation art. 45.
- 3.3.1 - A copy of Google LLC's certification can be found here.
- 3.3.2 - A copy of Facebook Inc.'s certification can be found here.
- 3.3.3 - A copy of Instagram's (Facebook Inc's) certification can be found here.
4. Your rights
4.1 - In order to create transparency with regards to the processing of your data, we as the data controller must inform you of your rights.
4.2 - The right of access
- 4.2.1 - You are entitled at any time to request information from us about information we have registered about you, the purpose of the registration, which categories of personal data and recipients of information may exist, as well as information regarding where the data originates from.
- 4.2.2 - You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we process about you. If you would like a copy of your personal data, please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be aware that you will be asked to provide documentation that you are the person you claim to be.
4.3 - The right to rectification
- 4.3.1 - You have the right to have incorrect personal data about yourself rectified by us. If you become aware that there are errors in the information we have registered about you, you are encouraged to contact us in writing so that the information can be corrected.
4.4 - The right to erasure
- 4.4.1 - You have the right to have all of some of your personal data deleted by us in certain cases, for example if you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal reason for us to continue the processing. Insofar as continued processing of your data is necessary, e.g., in order to be able to comply with our legal obligations, or for legal claims to be established, enforced or defended, we are not obliged to delete your personal data.
4.5 - The right to restrict processing to storage
- 4.5.1 - In certain cases, you have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted to storage only, e.g., if you believe the data we process about you to be incorrect.
4.6 - The right to data portability
- 4.6.1 - In certain cases, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transfer these data to another data controller.
4.7 - The right to object
- 4.7.1 - You have the right, at any time, to object to our processing of your personal data, with regards to direct marketing, including the profiling carried out in order to target our direct marketing.
- 4.7.2 - You also have the right, at any time, and for reasons relating to your personal situation, to object to the processing of your personal data that we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests, cf. pt. 2.1 and 2.3.
4.8 - The right to withdraw consent
- 4.8.1 - You have the right, at any time, to withdraw consent you have given us to any particular processing of personal data, including for profiling carried out on you as a customer and a member of the customer club. If you would like to withdraw your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
4.9 - The right to complain
- 4.9.1 - You have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint with The Danish Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5, 1300 Copenhagen K regarding our processing of personal data. Complaints can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +45 33 19 32 00.
5. Erasure of personal data
5.1 - Information collected about your use of the Website cf. pt. 2.1 is deleted, at the latest, once you have not used the Website for 5 years.
5.2 - Information collected in connection with your subscription to our newsletter is deleted when your consent to receiving the newsletter is withdrawn. If you withdraw your consent, you will not receive further newsletters. If you would like to be erased, please contact Danfilter.dk’s GDPR in writing.
5.3 - Information collected in connection with purchases you have made on the Website cf. pt. 2.2 will generally be deleted 5 years after the end of the calendar year in which you carried out your purchase. However, the information may be stored for a longer time if we have a legitimate need for longer storage, for example if it is necessary for legal claims to be established, enforced or defended, or if storage is necessary for us to be able to comply with legal requirements. Financial data is stored for a minimum of 5 years until the end of a financial year in order to fulfill the requirements of the Danish Bookkeeping Act.
5.4 - Information that we have collected in connection with your registration to and during your membership of our customer club cf. pt. 2.4, will automatically be deleted by us: a) if you have not made any new purchases for 5 years, b) if you deactivate (suspend) your membership of our customer club and do not reactivate it within the next 5 years, or c) if you unsubscribe from your membership to our customer club.
6.1 - We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration or deterioration of personal data and to prevent personal data from being disclosed to unauthorised persons or misused.
6.2 - Only employees who have a genuine need to access your personal data in order to carry out their work have access to them.
7. Contact details
7.1 - Filterhuset and Danfilter Aps are data controllers for the personal data collected via the Website.
Filterhuset C/O Danfilter ApS
Farum Gydevej 75
Tel. no.: 6919 2266
The data controller at Danfilter is CEO Henrik Friis.